This is my favorite broccoli salad. I know Mayo, broccoli and bacon sounds like a weird combination but trust me… it’s awesome!!!
* 8 slices bacon
* 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1/2 large red onion, chopped
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
* 1/2 cup cashews
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/8 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon, onion, cashews and raisins.
3. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.